Friday, August 26, 2011

Tracking information for Race Day

Here are some options for tracking my progress on Sunday.
My bib number is 602.

This one is through Ironman, and they don't have a good track record at all with this. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Maybe there won't be any sunspots on Sunday and it will work.
http://www.ironmanlive.com
There should be a clear link to "Ironman Louisville".

This one is through Endurance Nation, whose training plan I've been using, and should be much more dependable.
http://www.endurancenation.us/en_data/Races/AthleteTracker/im/race/2011/IMLOU

Both of these should update as I cross the various timing mats. Mats are located here:
  • At end of swim - Will be entering water between 7-7:45
  • Beginning of bike - when I leave transition after the swim.
  • (Ironmanlive.com) Miles 42 and 70
    (Endurance Nation) Miles 30 and 86
  • End of bike - Mile 112
  • Beginning of run - when I leave transition after the bike
  • (Ironmanlive.com) Mile 13.1
    (Endurance Nation) Mile 12.1
  • FINISH!
Estimated times:
  • Swim: I will be entering the water anywhere between 7:15-7:45, and will likely be in the water for 2 hours.
  • T1: Hope to take no longer than 15 minutes in transition.
  • Bike: Probably 7 hours
  • T2: Hope to take no longer than 15 minutes...
  • Run: 6 hours
I expect the vast majority of you will be in bed sound asleep when I finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment